level (plural levels)
- A tool for finding whether a surface is level, or for creating a horizontal or vertical line of reference.
- Hand me the level so I can tell if this is correctly installed.
- A distance relative to a given reference elevation.
- By the end of the day, we"d dug down to the level of the old basement floor.
- Degree or amount.
- The sound level is much too high; this hurts my ears.
- We"ve reached a new level of success.
- (gaming) One of several discrete segments of a game generally increasing in difficulty. Often numbered. Often, each level occupies different physical space (although levels are not always vertically stacked).
- It took me weeks to get to level seven.
- Watch out for the next level; the bad guys there are really overpowered.
- (gaming) A periodic progression of integer values that quantify a character"s experience and power.
- My half-orc barbarian reached fifth level before he was squashed by a troll.
- A floor of a multi-storey building.
- Take the elevator and get off at the promenade level.
5 letters in word "level": E E L L V.
No anagrams for level found in this word list.
Words found within level: